From time immemorial, pure cow ghee has shown wonderful results in building the immunity of kids and expecting mothers. Dieticians and doctors also vouch for A2 cow ghee benefits and its consumption knowing its effectiveness and high nutritional composition.
While grandparents and elderly well-wishers swear by the endless benefits of pure A2 cow ghee, new parents are often sceptical about the same. They find themselves juggling between a number of questions and confusions, right from the amount of usage of ghee to whether or not it will have any side effects on babies. To answer them all, here’s a detailed guide to why A2 cow ghee benefits babies from infancy to their early growing years.
How Does A2 Cow Ghee Help in Boosting Immunity Amongst Kids?
One of the richest sources of linoleic acid, A2 cow ghee is made using the traditional Bilona method from the nutrition-rich A2 milk of Gir cows. As the processing heat is at a minimum, it preserves maximum nutrition. It has all the essential macro and micronutrients that fulfil the daily dietary requirements of the body.
The natural properties of this ghee help babies in fighting a cold, and flu. It also develops good eyesight by building stronger immunity. Also, the fat-soluble vitamins present in ghee, including vitamins C, E and K, help in improving the bone density and functioning of the children. From being a rich source of antioxidants and vital vitamins like B2, B12, B6, Omega-3, and Omega-9 fatty acids and healthy amino acids, there are endless benefits of ghee. Ayurveda also abides by them and hence it helps in gaining all the essential nutrients just with a spoonful.
Here’s a detailed guide to the nutritional components of A2 Cow Ghee found in approximately 100 grams of ghee.
A2 Cow Ghee Benefits for Pregnant Women
It is rightly said that the health of a mother is more important than ever during her pregnancy. Eventually, the health of a child depends on the health of the mother. Our ancient scriptures such as the Charak Samhita suggest that out of all oils that are fit for human consumption, ghee is the most effective and the best. Even mothers and grandmothers have been recommending ghee over the years for a healthy tomorrow for expecting mothers and their children.
According to a report, a pregnant lady needs at least 200-300 extra calories a day, adding to what a normal person requires. Ghee is the perfect substitute for these additional calories. That’s the reason desi ghee laddus and dishes like Panjari made in desi ghee are a must for expecting women in India. This also is the perfect choice to satisfy their sweet tooth cravings. Pure desi ghee greatly contributes to flushing out harmful toxins, strengthening the immune system, and repairing damaged tissues. There’s no doubt about the fact that it immensely contributes to the growth of the baby. In addition to that, it also eases labour pain by working as a lubricant. Hence expecting women fed with food cooked in desi ghee. It enhances their nutrition intake.
Here’s a List of A2 Cow Ghee Benefits for Babies
India has its own mythological and scientific reasons for the consumption of ghee. But, doctors across the world have also stated that, when compared with butter, ghee is given the foremost priority in feeding kids. Ghee being rich in flavour and fat immensely contributes to building the strength and immunity of babies in their growing years. Here’s a list of how consuming ghee can benefit babies.
1. For a Stronger Immunity
- A2 Cow Ghee possesses high antimicrobial and antioxidant properties that help in building stronger immunity. The traces of Vitamin E helps in a baby’s growth and development of the baby. It also helps improve immunity against cough, infections and colds.
2. Strengthening Bone Health
- A rich source of Vitamin D and Calcium, pure cow ghee helps in building strong bone health during the growing years. Also, the presence of Linoleic Acid helps in improving bone mass.
3. Aids in Weight Gain
- A baby should consume food rich in fats and minerals after it weans off breast milk. Ghee is a rich source of fats and calories and helps babies with weight gain.
4. Supports Digestion
- A spoon of ghee in the daily diet of the baby can help in the healthy development of the digestive system. As ghee contains butyric acid, a short-chain fatty acid, it improves digestion and reduces inflammation in babies.
5. Regulating Thyroid Function
- The presence of iodine in ghee helps in the proper functioning of the thyroid gland. Hence, the diet of baby should include a spoonful of ghee.
6. Cognitive Development
- The presence of DHA, choline, and sphingolipids present in ghee plays a vital role in the brain and cognitive development of babies.
7. Rich Source of Nutrients, Vitamins and Minerals
- Ghee has saturated fats which are also present in breast milk. This makes it an excellent health booster for babies. Not only that, ghee is rich in vitamin A which works well for skin, immunity and vision. Also, the considerable amount of fat-soluble vitamins and fatty acids provide all the necessary nutrients and minerals a baby needs.
8. Cures Eczema
- Skin conditions like eczema and itchy skin are prevalent in kids, especially in the first year. There’s a list of benefits of ghee Ayurveda recommends, and oral consumption of ghee to treat these skin conditions in babies is one of those.
Ideal Time to Introduce Ghee to a Baby’s Diet
Every baby has its own growth timeline. Ghee is included in a baby’s diet once it turns 6 months old. Also, babies can be given a spoonful of ghee stirred in vegetables or khichdi. This proportion increases later on.
Picking the Right Cow Ghee for Your Baby
At Girveda, our A2 Cow Ghee is obtained from the highly nutritious A2 milk of naturally pure-bred Gir cows. These cows are raised in a cruelty-free manner without the use of any hormonal injections, chemicals, additives, or preservatives. All of our Gir cows are grass-fed on multiple acres of lush green farmlands. They are also extremely cared for with a comfortable living. We are committed to making the ghee purest and safest for consumption as well as high in nutritional value.
We understand how your baby as well as your family’s health matters over anything else for you. Hence we heftily invest towards creating natural and pure products without added preservatives for a healthier tomorrow. Get your pure A2 cow ghee jar in eco-friendly sustainable packaging from us.