Based on a study, people who are on a ketogenic diet lost 2.2 times more weight as compared to people who are on a low-fat diet. Adding to that, 7 out of 21 people with type 3 diabetes stopped consuming medications after switching to the keto diet. That’s the power of a balanced diet!
So basically when one starts replacing carbohydrates with fats, the reduction of carbs puts our body in a state termed as ketosis. Our body is extremely efficient at burning fats into ketones into the liver and reducing our blood and sugar levels. This amazing diet with commendable health benefits is the ketogenic diet.
Benefits of A2 Cow Ghee in Ketogenic Diet
In recent times, what is A2 Cow Ghee and what are the benefits of this A2 cow ghee have created quite a stir. People have explored the endless benefits and started switching to Gir cow ghee for enhancing their health and overall wellbeing.
A2 Cow Ghee is made using the traditional Bilona method from the nutritious milk of Gir cows. The benefits of this Gir cow ghee are endless due to the presence of Beta-casein protein which makes it easier to digest and works amazingly well for those who are lactose intolerant.
- Aids Digestive Health: A2 cow ghee is extremely easy to digest due to the presence of beta-casein protein. As it is rich in amino acids, it is also a healthier alternative compared to other dairy products.
- Enhances Overall Immunity: The Gir Cow Ghee is a powerhouse of vitamins such as Vitamin D, Vitamin A3 and Omega-3 Fatty Acids which helps in boosting the overall immunity of the body.
- Improves Bone Health: The high levels of Vitamin D in ghee helps in enhancing our bone health and development.
- Rich Source of Antioxidants: The butyrate enzymes and oral butyrates possess anti-inflammatory properties which soothe our body and the presence of other antioxidants helps it in functioning properly.
Best Desi Gir Cow Ghee Recipes to Include in Your Keto Diet
It is a common misconception that ghee is a high-fat product that does not help in weight loss. But thanks to nutritionists and doctors that they have cleared the air and shared the benefits of consuming ghee for weight loss and including it in the diet plans. This time we delved a bit into a few recipes that are delicious, healthy and perfectly suitable for your ketogenic diet.
1. Keto Cauliflower Tots
- A vegetarian option that you will absolutely love, the cauliflower tots baked or air fried in ghee is something that should be definitely on your keto diet chart. To prepare these tots, take some cauliflower florets and grate them in a food processor. After that, microwave the mixture and squeeze the extra water using a muslin cloth. Add some mozzarella cheese, herbs you love, salt, pepper, and lupin flour and churn in the processor once again. Post that, create small patties of the mixture. Cook these patties using A2 cow ghee in either a pan or an air fryer. Your amazing Keto cauliflower tater tots are ready.
2. Deviled Eggs with Pumpkin Seeds & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- An extremely easy to prepare and healthy snack deviled eggs are an absolute delight if you’re on a keto diet. To prepare this dish, cook eggs for around 7 minutes in a saucepan. After that, rinse them under cold water for a while. Carefully peel and cut it across from the middle and gently remove the yolks in a bowl. Saute onion in Gir Cow Ghee for 3-4 minutes and place it aside. After that, combine diced sun-dried tomatoes, egg yolk, pepper, mayo, pumpkin seed oil, and sea salt and mesh it all nicely. Now, fill the egg whites and top them with pumpkin seeds and a slice of sun-dried tomatoes. The Deviled Eggs with Pumpkin Seeds & Sun-Dried Tomatoes are ready to serve!
3. Keto Desi Ghee Coconut Paratha
- We are sure you wouldn’t have heard of this wholesome and delightful keto paratha which is also extremely easy to prepare. In a bowl, take some coconut flour and bind it with desi ghee. Add isabgol (Psyllium Husk), a pinch of salt and warm water. Set the dough aside for 30 minutes. After that, you can roll parathas using the dough, and fry them on a pan using A2 Cow Ghee. These low-carb delicious parathas are the best breakfast alternative and you can include them in your daily diet.
4. Ghee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Every meal is incomplete without dessert. And why should the ones on a ketogenic diet stay devoid of it? Ghee chocolate chip cookies are all you need. In a bowl, take some gluten-free oat flour, and combine it with almond flour, baking powder, vanilla, coconut sugar, A2 cow ghee, maple syrup, egg and dark chocolate chips. Mix it well to prepare the cookie dough. Roll this dough into balls and place them on parchment paper. Now, bake these cookies for around 10-15 mins in a 350 degrees F oven. Cool them down, sprinkle some sea salt and enjoy this yumilicious dessert on top of your keto meal.
There is an increased risk of being prone to deadly diseases due to the excessive consumption of chemicals. This has led to the increased demand for organic and authentic food products. Organic ayurvedic medicated ghee is made using age-old traditional methods according to Ayurvedic formulations. And there is a number of brands that claim to offer the best desi ghee in India, and at times it becomes difficult to choose the one that suits you best. If you’re someone stuck in this pool of confusion, products of Girveda have a QR code on their packaging. This code upon scanning displays the lab report and farm details for the consumer to verify the authenticity. You can try the above recipes using Girveda’s A2 Cow Ghee, enjoy your ketogenic diet and share with us your reviews in the comments section.