We all might have often experienced that our grandmothers or even our moms forced us to put hair oil. Thanks to the hair experts and nutritionists who have been pressing lately on the importance of a hot air oil champi and the dozens of benefits of ayurvedic oil treatment. Influencers and beauty bloggers are also taking the stage in sharing the ayurvedic oil massage benefits and how it works miraculously if included in the beauty regime.
How Ayurvedic Medicated Hair Oil Can Benefit Your Hair
There are enumerated hair oils available in the market. But most of them have chemicals in them and harm our hair instead of repairing it. But, the Ayurvedic oil preparation using traditional old-age methods with the right herbs reap great benefits.
These hair oils nourish the hair follicles, provide the required nourishment and might also boost hair growth. Adding to that the biggest advantage is it calms the mind and body and opens the blocked pores. A 10-minute massage leads to strong and lustrous hair and prevents hair from breakage.
Why Ayurvedic Hair Oil is Widely Used Nowadays
The one thing that has been increasing with every passing day is pollution and our intake of harmful toxins. This is one of the major contributing reasons to our low immunity and overall health. Our hair is no different and gets affected by this dirt, pollution and excessive use of styling products. We all know how ancient Ayurvedic formulations can help maintain the imbalance, the three of our doshas have.
Vatta, Pitta and Kapha, when balanced properly, result in our overall great health. Hair thinning and split ends represent the aggregation of Vata dosha. If you have dandruff and oily scalp, it might be a Pitta dosha imbalance. If someone’s hair is turning heavy and greasy and also causes an itchy scalp, it is due to blocked blood supply in hair follicles and Kapha imbalance.
Ayurveda has a solution to everything. Our ancient medical scriptures such as Charak Samhita describe the right formulations for every problem and help us in improving our hair health. Nowadays, people have started being aware of the miraculous wonders of herb-induced oils, which are 100% natural and have started using Ayurvedic hair oils.
Making Ayurvedic Hair Oils At Home
We understand how everyone loves long, lustrous, shiny, black hair. Here we have listed a few easy methods of how to make Ayurvedic oil at home.
1. Neem Hair Oil
- One of the easiest and most effective DIY hair oil can be prepared from neem leaves. It is very easy to spot a neem tree around. Its antiseptic properties help to fight dandruff, dryness and lice infections. The presence of essential fatty acids nourishes our hair, and scalp and promotes hair growth.
2. Curry Leaves
- Premature greying is an extremely common problem, which almost everyone is experiencing due to our dietary choices. Boiling a few curry leaves mixed with coconut oil leaves a black residue. Once it reaches room temperature, we can directly apply it to the scalp and leave for an hour. This tonic works great if applied twice a week.
3. Amla Extracts
- Indian gooseberry or commonly known as amla is a rich source of Vitamin C. The anti-inflammatory properties help in reducing dandruff, scalp infections and lice. To condition your scalp, heat a few tablespoons of coconut oil until it turns brown. After that, add a tablespoon of amla powder, and allow the mixture to cool. For shiny, lustrous hair, apply this mixture two to three times a week for 45 minutes.
4. Bhringraj Hair Care Solution
- Since time immemorial, Bhringraj is considered to be a boon for hair growth. From reducing your hair oil to nourishing your hair roots, it is beneficial for all. Grind 15-20 Bhringraj leaves with a cup of yoghurt, and a spoonful of black pepper and form a paste. You can apply this paste for around 25 minutes and rinse it off with mild shampoo.
5. Castor Oil Treatment
- Castor hair oil is an age-old proven method for longer and faster hair growth. This hair oil helps to boost your hair growth by half an inch every month. It also has an abundance of Vitamin E, Omega 6 and 9 fatty acids and Ricinoleic acid. For this hair oil treatment, mix two tablespoons of coconut oil, almond oil, sesame oil and half the amount of one tablespoon of castor oil. Now, warm this prepared mixture. apply gently all over the scalp and hair, and keep it on for an hour. Post that, you can rinse it with your favourite shampoo.
6. Shikakai for Shiny Hair
- We have been using Shikakai widely for ages to improve our hair health. It is a cooling agent that prevents split ends, fights premature hair, and also soothes the scalp. You can mix two tablespoons of Shikakai with an equivalent amount of curd and a few drops of Vitamin E oil. You can apply this prepared mixture, once or twice a week for 20 minutes and rinse it off.
Wish to Purchase Medicated Ayurvedic Hair Oil?
The above-listed hair care options are undoubtedly great, but in today’s time, we hardly get time to gather all these ingredients and get into the hassle of preparing. To solve this problem, we have Girveda’s Bhringmalakdi hair oil which is devoid of 100% chemicals and made in small batches using Ayurvedic formulations.
Made traditionally with the goodness of Bhringraj, Amalaki, Godugdha and Yastimadhu, the Ayurvedic Hair Oil of Girveda helps to nourish the hair and prevents damage. It is a perfect way to rejuvenate your hair and increase density. According to Ayurveda, the properties such as its hot composition (Ushna), lightweight (Laghu), dry texture (Ruksha), and pungent and bitter taste (Katu tikta rasa), make it the perfect herb and is considered a Rasayana. Girveda’s Bhringmalakadi hair oil is a unique Ayurvedic formulation that may help in reducing hair fall, strengthening hair roots, preventing premature greying and adding a shiny and lustrous texture.