7 Ways to Use Cow Ghee for Bright and Glowing Skin
Ghee or also known as liquid gold can be found in almost every kitchen. We use it for boosting our health and immunity due to its nutritional composition. But it is a lesser-known fact that it can also do wonders for your skin and hair health. In Ayurveda, there are mentions of ‘shata dhauta ghrita’. This means 100 times washed ghee which is also one of the purest forms of ghee. This is also the most effective ghee which can help in soothing skin with its light and fluffy texture.
How to Use Cow Ghee for Bright and Glowing Skin?
From evening-out skin tone and reducing wrinkles to hydrating your lips, ghee can come in handy to solve many of your common skin problems. If you also wish to have bright, glowing skin using desi cow ghee, here’s how you can get it with these methods.
1. Use it as a Hydrating Face Mask
- Ghee is an excellent source of antioxidants and can help hydrate and nourish your skin. You can use it as a face pack once a week for glowing and healthy skin. To prepare this face pack, mix a spoon of ghee with gram flour and turmeric, the well-known skincare duo. Apply it on your face for about 20 mins and rinse it off. That’s all you need to do.
2. Your DIY Hand Cream
- If you’re also tired of those chemical-based hand creams, here’s how you can prepare one at home with your desi cow ghee. Mix your favourite coconut or almond oil with an equal amount of ghee and mix it well. Your DIY desi ghee nourishing hand cream is ready to use.
3. Your Handy Moisturizer
- To prepare a handy and useful moisturizer using that nutritious ghee is a lot easier than one can think. Take some ghee and heat it on low flame. Once it’s heated, add some aloe vera juice to it and let it cool. You can apply it on a clean and dry face and leave it for about 15 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and it’ll leave with glowing and supple skin.
4. Easy Lip Scrub
- Take an equal amount of ghee, honey and sugar in a bowl. Mix it well and apply it to your lips in a circular motion. This will help you get relief from all that dead skin cells. Now rinse it off with a piece of cloth and lock it with a dab of ghee.
5. Wrinkle Relief Remedy
- Vitamin E is well-known for skin tightening. Ghee being an abundant source of antioxidants and minerals fits in excellent in your skincare regime. Mix some ghee and honey in a bowl. Cleanse your face and start massaging it with this mixture in circular motions. Continue this process for about 20 minutes and rinse it off with some warm water. This process can help you in evening out your skin tone and reduce your wrinkles.
6. Ready-to-use Body Butter
- Winters make your entire skin dry and flaky. What’s better than a body butter made from desi ghee? Mix some ghee with cocoa or shea butter and coconut oil in a bowl. Use this smooth paste as a body butter on your hands, knees or skin in a circular motion. Your ready-to-use body butter is all set to work its magic.
7. To Get an Even-toned Complexion
- Many are unaware of the fact that ghee can create wonders in evening out your skin complexion. To have an even skin tone, mix some pure and desi ghee with turmeric and apply it evenly over your face. Once it has dried completely, rinse it off with water and pat your skin dry. Ghee being a rich source of antioxidants and turmeric being a powerhouse of antibiotic and antimicrobial properties can help in improving your skin.
Hand-churned Bilona Ghee
At Girveda, we traditionally prepare our ghee from the nutritious A2 milk of Gir cows. It is hand-churned using the Bilona method to preserve its authenticity. This ghee is a powerhouse of nutrition and antioxidants. It not only boosts your health and immunity but also improves your skin and hair. You can try this lab-tested and 100% pure and raw ghee prepared at our in-house facility at Girnar. Order Gir Cow’s Desi Ghee Gir Se Ghar Tak!