Are You Aware of These Amazing Health Benefits of Besan Flour?
With a unique flavour, taste and colour, besan flour is one such staple which is widely used globally. It is rich in a number of vitamins, minerals and nutrients. Apart from these health benefits, this flour is also used for improving your skin since time immemorial. Besan flour with turmeric, milk or honey is a combination that every beauty blogger vouches for. This natural scrub and beauty enhancer was widely used by princesses and queens. It also has soluble fibres and helps in fighting allergies. Here we have listed some unknown and amazing benefits of besan flour you might not be aware of.
Benefits of Besan Flour for Skin
1. Treats Acne
- Gram flour contains zinc and fibre. The zinc content fights the infections that lead to acne and fibre controls the blood sugar levels. Hence the pack made of besan can help in controlling acne.
2. Helps Reduce Oiliness and Stickiness
- Besan flour is used for ages in the beauty regime. It is an effective scrub for oily skin and is also used to remove dead cells. It can be used in cosmetics and a pack prepared from it cleans out the excess and stickiness.
3. Improves Skin Texture
- Gram flour when mixed with different natural ingredients can also help you get rid of tan. If mixed with fenugreek seeds can also help in removing excess facial hair and provide glowing and lustrous skin.
Benefits of Besan Flour for Hair
1. Provides Nourishment
- Besan flour is also used as a home remedy for nourishing hair and providing it moisture. You can mix it with honey, coconut oil or essential oil and massage it well. Rinse it with warm water for nourished and healthy hair.
2. Promotes Hair Growth
- Gram flour being a powerhouse of protein can help in improving hair health and also promote hair growth. You can mix it with olive oil, Vitamin E, almond powder and curd and apply it to your hair. Following this practice twice a week can have amazing results.
3. Reduces Dandruff
- This super flour is well-known to eliminate dandruff from the hair roots. Mixing it with water and applying it before hair washing can help in reducing dandruff and leave you with thick and shiny hair.
Health Benefits of Besan Flour
1. Improves Heart Health
- A flour highly rich in nutrients and minerals, the gram beans are believed to reduce the potential risk of heart disease. It also has a good amount of potassium which can also lower blood pressure. Adding to that it also has a compound Saponins which can help in maintaining blood sugar levels.
2. Gluten-free Alternative
- If someone is allergic to gluten, this flour is just the one they need. It is healthy and tasty and can also be used in a variety of recipes. From snacks to desserts, besan flour can enhance the flavour and taste of everything. Due to its’ binding properties also it is widely used. If you love baked food and you are gluten-intolerant too, you can use besan flour without a second thought.
3. Helps Diabetic Patients
- It is stated that besan has quite a low GI. Due to this, it is highly recommended for patients suffering from diabetes or heart disease. American Diabetes Association recognizes besan flour as a diabetic superfood. Also, a report by the North Dakota State University states that a diet rich in beans like gram is an effective remedy to treat type 2 diabetes.
4. Helps in Strengthening Bones
- Several medical reports state that gram flour is rich in calcium and magnesium. These two help in strengthening our bones and hence gram flour can help with this too.
5. Improves Brain Health
- Magnesium can help in making your brain cell receptors happy. It also improves the blood flow and circulation to the brain. As besan is enriched with magnesium, it improves brain health. Adding to that, it also has Vitamin B and phytonutrients that boost your brain health.
6. Can Help in Preventing Fatigue
- It is believed that fibre can help in slowing down your digestive process. Due to this, the sugar from food takes a while to reach your bloodstream. All of this keeps your sugar levels in check and also ensures that there’s no sudden spike. It also prevents fatigue due to this.
In these times where almost everything is adulterated, getting besan flour that is chemical-free and natural is a difficult task. As the demand for organic food has reached unprecedented heights in recent times, even in the name of organic, adulterated flours are available. Hence, at Girveda, we have a QR code on every product that we sell. This code upon scanning will provide a detailed report of the origin of gram beans and the farmland it has grown on. To get your batch of organic flour, you can get your pack of the goodness of Gir from us.