A powerhouse combo with endless benefits, Honey and Turmeric is undoubtedly a match made in heaven. This widely used duo is a powerhouse of antioxidants, nutrients and immunity boosters. The best part is, that both of these ingredients are commonly available and are also easy to use. They help with literally everything, from improving skin and hair health to boosting memory and overall immunity. Here’s a glimpse into its benefits and uses of it.
Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric is an important spice in the Indian kitchen and also an amazing medicinal herb. The most active ingredient curcumin possesses strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, making it the most widely used ingredient. Here are some of the benefits of using turmeric.
- Turmeric works as a natural anti-inflammatory substance and helps in diseases such as heart disease, cancer and various degenerative diseases.
- It also helps in increasing the antioxidant capacity of our bodies and enhances our immunity.
- A clinical trial has shown positive results that consuming turmeric helps in boosting memory and preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Be it Ayurveda or ancient Chinese methods, turmeric is used to lessen the pain of wounds. This golden elixir also helps in treating arthritis.
- Turmeric also helps in controlling cholesterol and blood pressure levels as well as decreasing the risk of heart diseases.
Uses of Honey
Honey is widely used in the daily diet due to its endless health benefits. It can be used in almost every meal, starting from morning tea to evening dinner. This natural sweetener works well for skin, immunity and also as a medicine. Here are a few benefits of consuming honey on a daily basis.
- Honey is the best alternative to sugar as it is a natural sweetener. It can help in controlling blood sugar levels and works well for people troubling from type 2 diabetes.
- Since ancient Egyptian times, honey is used to heal wounds, decrease burns and reduce ulcers.
- Honey helps a lot in suppressing colds and coughs. Adding to that, it also improves the sleep quality of life.
- As honey is rich in polyphenols and antioxidants, it helps in boosting memory.
Are You Aware of These Ways to Use Turmeric and Honey?
Honey and turmeric are an amazing duo. They both possess antimicrobial, antifungal and antibacterial properties which work miraculously. Here are a few ways through which you can reap turmeric and honey benefits for improving your health, immunity and skin.
1. Your Perfect Morning Drink for a Stronger Immunity
- To enhance your immunity and start the morning afresh, mix a spoonful of honey, a pinch of turmeric and a dash of pepper powder in warm water. Mix all of this well and drink one such glass every morning to ensure a fit and fine immunity. As honey is a natural antibacterial and antifungal that works well for sore throat, turmeric is a natural antioxidant and black pepper maximizes the absorption of turmeric, so it all togetherly works as a boon.
2. A Perfect Duo for Cold, Cough and Allergies
- Looking for a natural remedy for your cold and allergies instead of medications? Try this extremely simple recipe of Turmeric and honey all set to rescue you. In 1/4th cup of natural, unprocessed honey mix 1 tablespoon of 100% natural turmeric and add about 2 drops of essential oil. You can store this mixture at room temperature and consume it half teaspoon, thrice a day and freed yourself from cold, cough and allergies.
3. Face Pack for Glowing Skin
- Turmeric and honey are well-known natural beauty enhancers. Mix up a tablespoon of turmeric and honey, and add a few drops of milk to it. Apply this paste to your face and neck and let it dry for about 10-15 minutes. Post that, massage gently and wash off with lukewarm water for glowing, lustrous skin.
4. Your Weight Loss Partner
- This might sound a bit surprising but it’s true. Honey and turmeric can turn out to be your best weight loss partner if consumed every morning. Prepare green tea, and add a pinch of turmeric and a few drops of honey to it. Turmeric will add beautiful dewy colour, and honey works as a natural sweetener. This tea enhances the digestive process, improves metabolism and speeds up your weight loss plan.
5. A Tonic for Your Internal Health
- Maintaining a disease-free body is a difficult task in today’s times. As we consume chemicals and toxins, through active and passive mediums on an everyday basis, consuming a healthy drink that works as a magic potion to enhance our immunity and internal health is a must. Take a cup of lukewarm milk, add a spoonful of honey and turmeric and mix it well. Consuming this glassful of nutrition before going to bed will help in reducing sleeplessness, and stress and improve your metabolism and internal health.
Since time immemorial, honey and turmeric is the most loved combo due to their endless benefits. Be it individual or togetherly, their antimicrobial, antifungal and antibacterial properties help you get glowing and lustrous skin and also help in boosting immunity. Girveda’s natural farm, fresh honey is 100% raw, natural, unprocessed and unadulterated. Similarly, the turmeric powder is locally grown using cow-based natural methods. These absolutely pure and natural ingredients make them the perfect skincare combination when our skin is exposed to harmful chemicals and toxins on a daily basis. Indulge in the goodness of health and wellness with our honey and turmeric skincare duo.