Do you worry a lot on a daily basis? Or are you constantly troubled by some unknown fear? Well, all of this should be stopped immediately as it highly affects your mental health. Hundreds of people are suffering from anxiety, stress and depression today. Anxiety is a kind of emotion that the brain triggers. The brain is trying to notify that the stress one is experiencing is excessive and can lead to dangerous consequences.
Our lifestyle patterns are creating all this havoc. We keep popping antibiotics to get rid of these issues. But sadly that also has side effects in the long run. That’s when our ancient solutions come into the picture. Our rishis and sages have noted down the herbs that can prove highly effective for all these modern-day problems. Ayurveda after all has the solution for every modern-day problem.
Causes of Anxiety Disorders
Around 264 million people worldwide are suffering from anxiety. Guilt, loss of interest in things, mood swings, overeating, and feeling sad all the time are some of the symptoms of anxiety. There are various reasons that researchers believe to be the cause of anxiety. Here are a few of them.
- Heredity: There are a number of researches that state how anxiety is caused due to genetics. Almost 30% of anxiety patients have this condition is hereditary.
- Environmental Conditions: The environment that we live and breathe in can highly impact our stress levels and our mood. Hence to avoid stress it’s very important to residing in a clean, positive and happy environment.
- Chemical Balance: If someone is surrounded by a lot of stress for a longer period of time, it leads to anxiety. Excessive stress leads to a chemical imbalance in the brain which results in anxiety.
- Medical History: If someone has a history of respiratory issues or cardiac problems, they are more likely to get anxious due to the medications and troubles they undergo.
- Lifestyle Patterns: Not getting proper sleep, overworking, dependency on junk food, unnecessary screen time, and excessive consumption of alcohol or smoking can lead to anxiety.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Anxiety
Anxiety, stress and depression are very common due to our fast-paced lifestyle. But thanks to Ayurveda, there are age-old ancient solutions for all your modern-day problems. Here are some famous Ayurvedic herbs that can help with anxiety.
- Brahmi has anxiolytic properties which means it is extremely helpful in managing anxiety. Not only that it also helps in preventing neuroinflammation which is one of the major causes of anxiety. It also enhances the central nervous system, improves concentration and revitalizes your brain cells. This herb has been used for medicinal purposes for more than 3000 years.
- The roots of Jatamansi possess anti-stress and anti-fatigue properties. They help in freeing toxins and blockages of our mind and provide added stability. Ayurveda suggests that Vata imbalance is one of the major causes of anxiety and Jatamansi can help in managing that. It is a potent-nerve calming herb and acts as a brain tonic. Also known as tapaswani in Ayurveda, it prevents cell damage due to its antioxidant properties.
- Extremely beneficial for mental disorders, Vacha is proven to be effective in increasing memory power. It calms your anxious mind and induces good sleep. Rishis and sages of ancient India used it for various medicinal purposes as it exerts positive effects on the central nervous system. Researchers have also proven that this herb possessed antidepressant properties.
- An age-old adaptogenic herb, Ashwagandha can help with stress, anxiety, fatigue, inflammation and a lot more. It also boosts your stamina and immunity. This herb works well in lowering cortisol hormones which are responsible for causing stress. Also known as a Rasayana and rejuvenator in ancient Ayurvedic scriptures, this herb has endless health benefits and no side effects.
- This special herb is well-known for balancing hormones, enhancing memory and also improving mental alertness. If consumed on a regular basis, it also balances the behavioural changes and reduces anxiety. It also acts as a tonic and a mood elevator.
- This herb helps in boosting the oxygen supply to the brain and improving neurological disorders. It decreases stress and also induces deep, restful sleep. One of the best rejuvenates of Pitta dosha, this herb is capable of removing excess heat and agitation and also cleanses the liver.
Girveda’s Ayurvedic Solution for Anxiety
As more and more people worldwide are suffering from anxiety, it is more important than ever to address it. For this dreaded yet common problem, we have Unwind. Prepared from the extracts of Vacha, Jyotimasi, Tagar, Jatamansi and Brahmi, Unwind is an Ayurvedic patent and proprietary medicine for anxiety. This 100% natural and unique formulation can help you in reducing anxiety, boost your memory and IQ levels, stabilize emotional balance and induce sound sleep. All of these Ayurvedic herbs are widely recognized for treating anxiety and boosting memory, making them the best fit.