Scientifically recognized as Bacopa monnieri, and locally known as Brahmi, this herb is a well-known Ayurvedic medicine that is being used for centuries. This herb directly affects the brain chemicals that are related to our memory, thinking and learning. Ayurveda has in store numerous recipes prescribed for the overall health and wellness of humans. These recipes include the usage of herbs and other natural resources and formulations that have been tested ever since Ayurveda was discovered 5000 years ago. Here is a quick guide about the benefits of the Brahmi herb.
Medicinal Uses and Benefits of Brahmi
Brahmi is a therapeutic herb that has endless benefits. Ancient Vedic scriptures recognise it as a memory enhancer. There are often questions about whether is Brahmi good for health or how long does Brahmi take to work. So, here are some of the mentioned Brahmi uses in Ayurveda.
1. A Rich Source of Antioxidants
- Researches suggest that Brahmi is a powerhouse of antioxidant compounds. This contributes to neutralizing the harmful free radicals present in our bodies which can also mutate into cancer cells. The antioxidants in Brahmi are also helpful for healthy living.
2. Helps in Boosting Memory
- A study performed by researchers on mice has shown positive results in increasing the nerve cells in the brain and enhancing memory. Hippocampus is a part of the brain which is highly responsible for memory, concentration and intelligence. Brahmi herb also exerts positive results on this part of the brain. Adding to that, there is an astounding observation that the shape of Brahmi’s leaves is similar to the cerebellum part of the brain.
3. May Help Reduce ADHD
- ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder exerts symptoms such as hyperactivity, impulsivity, and inattentiveness. This neurofunctional disorder leads to a lack of self-control, restlessness and other issues. But surprisingly Brahmi may help in reducing the symptoms of this disorder.
4. Can Help People Suffering from Anxiety and Stress
- A high level of cortisol hormone in our body is believed to trigger stress and anxiety. Brahmi can help in regulating these hormones and managing stress levels. Being an adaptogenic herb, it also increases our body’s resistance to stress. Tea made from Brahmi leaves can also provide relief from stress and anxiety.
5. Can Help in Alzheimer
- The amyloid compound present in the neuron may damage the brain during Alzheimer’s. But, the bacosade biochemical in Brahmi can help in rebuilding the brain tissues and influence those brain cells. This way it can help in reducing the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
6. Enhances your Immune System
- Brahmi is a powerhouse of antioxidant compounds. These compounds help in increasing the response time of our body against various diseases and illnesses. This was consuming Brahmi on a regular basis can help in enhancing our immune system.
7. Monitoring Blood Sugar Levels
- Brahmi herb is a boon for people suffering from diabetes. It not only helps in monitoring the blood sugar levels but also helps in the symptoms of hypoglycemia.
8. Acts as an Anti-inflammatory
- Brahmi herb provides relief in multiple anti-inflammatory conditions. It can help provide relief from gout, arthritis, irritable bowel conditions and soothing ulcers.
Who Should Consume Brahmi Ghee?
Brahmi ghee is a brain booster. It helps to enhance memory and concentration. Also, over time it exerts a positive effect on, cognition, learning, and intelligence. Girveda’s Brahmi ghee is a unique ayurvedic formulation that rejuvenates the mind, supports brain development in children, and has an anti-oxidant and adaptogenic effect on the central nervous system. Even in Ayurveda, Brahmi ghee has been essentially used for treating conditions like dyspepsia, urinary disorders, etc.
Who Should Consume Brahmi tablets?
Ayurveda mentions Brahmi as an effective memory enhancer. As it has the presence of antioxidants, it may be useful in managing age-related memory loss. Brahmi is useful to enhance memory and gives instant mental alertness. This is due to its Vata balancing and Medhya (improve intelligence) properties, and it can also help in improving concentration as it contains powerful antioxidants. That’s why Brahmi tablets made from locally grown herbs at the foothills of Mount Girnar can be of great medicinal usage.
Our ancient Ayurvedic scriptures have solutions to every modern-day problem. These Vedic solutions are extremely effective and are widely used across the globe. At Girveda, we leverage the age-old followed traditions and recipes, and naturally grown herbs to make authentic Ayurvedic products. The herbs used are grown at the foothills of Mount Girnar, using Cow Based Natural Farming methods, thereby preserving the purity of the herbs. Made from herbs and plant extracts as prescribed in Ayurveda, the range of products is custom-curated keeping in mind the holistic wellbeing of everyone. You can try these products and reap the medicinal benefits of Brahmi.