There’s literally nothing that can compete with “Maa K Hath ka Khana”. We all do love fast food and eating in fancy restaurants, but the satisfaction and comfort the homecooked food by our moms has are unmatchable. So, if you are short on time and looking for mothers day gifting ideas, we have got you covered. This mothers day, why not we take up the charge of the kitchen, give our mothers a break and literally make it a Happy Mother’s Day for them. We came up with these quick and easy healthy food recipes that you can try out and give as a surprise gift to your mom.
1. Besan Barfi
- We Indians love meetha. Literally, any occasion of ours is incomplete without something sweet. So why not prepare something sweet like Besan Barfi for our extremely sweet moms and prepare a gift for mother handmade.
- To prepare this super easy and amazingly sweet, take a non-stick pan and in it heat Girveda’s A2 cow ghee. Now add 1 cup 100% natural besan and 5 tbsp Rava to it and mix well. Cook this on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes. After that, add 3/4th cup sugar, and cardamom powder and keep cooking for 5 to 6 minutes more. Our barfi is almost ready to serve. Spead it evenly in a tin dish or a container, sprinkle some crushed almonds, cut it into pieces and let it cool for 2 hours. Prepare this sweet dish as a surprise gift for your mom!
2. Mixed Dal Dosa
- Are you an early riser or someone who plans everything in advance? Well, this Mixed Dal Dosa will be perfect to surprise your mom and can also be the best breakfast surprise. To prepare the batter, wash and soak 1/4th cup urad dal, green gram, chana dal and toor dal for 4 hours. After that, drain the excess water and add it to a blender jar. Further add some ginger, green chilli, cumin, salt and half a cup of water to it. Blend it all to a thick paste to use. Now, heat a dosa tawa on medium flame and start preparing healthy mixed dal dosas. These can be served with pickles or ketchup or chutney.
3. Chana Kulcha
- This recipe is for all foodaholics and cooking enthusiasts. Here’s your chance to prepare a wholesome healthy meal for your mom.
- Soak a bowl of chickpeas with a pinch of baking soda overnight. The next morning pressure cooks the chickpeas for 6-7 whistle on medium flame. Now in a mixing bowl, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, amchur powder, chole masala, and garam masala and mix it well. In a pan, heat some oil, and add cumin seeds, bay leaf, and some chopped onions. Once the onions are translucent, add ginger-garlic paste, masala mix, and tomato puree and give it a stir. Cook this gravy well for a few minutes till the oil starts separating from the sides. After that, add boiled chana, and leftover water of chana and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Your chana masala is ready. To enhance its flavour, give it tadka of our flavourful A2 ghee and garnish with coriander.
- To prepare healthy kulchas, mix yeast, sugar and 5 spoonfuls of lukewarm water in a bowl and keep it aside for about 15 minutes. After that, combine whole wheat flour, prepared mixture, curd and water to prepare a soft dough. Cover it with a damp cloth and keep it aside for about 45 mins. Now, add oil, knead it well and start rolling kulchas from the dough. Add sesame seeds to the rolled kulcha and cook it on a non-stick tawa. Serve this tasty, flavourful dish to your mom and celebrate your Mother’s Day in a special way!
- Want to prepare something super quick and easy as a gift for your mom? Here’s a perfect summer drink that you can treat to your mom.
- Dry roast a handful of cumin seeds till they turn black and allow them to cool. Ground to a fine paste and keep aside. In a small blending jar, take some mint and coriander leaves and prepare a fine puree. In a large vessel, take some chilled water, the prepared puree and cumin powder, amchur and black salt. Now add some crushed pepper and lemon juice. Mix it all well and your refreshing Jaljeera is ready.
5. Ghee Rice
- What better to end your day with a healthy and flavourful rice dish? Here’s a quick and easy ghee rice recipe that you can try your hands on.
- Rinse thoroughly basmati rice and soak them for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, slice one mid-size onion and keep it aside. Now, in a heavy bottom pan, heat 3 tablespoons of ghee and add some cashews. Once cashews turn a bit golden add some raisins and fry them. Remove the cashews and raisins and set them aside. In the same pan and ghee, add whole spices and sliced onions. Saute it all well till onions turn golden or translucent. Now, add the soaked rice, about 2 cups of water, and salt as per your taste and give it a stir. Cover the pan till the rice gets cooked. Garnish it with fried raisins, cashews and coriander. Healthy, tasty and extremely easy Ghee Rice as a surprise gift for your mom is ready!
At Girveda, we have always believed in nourishing society with chemical-free and natural food products. We also practice CBNF with the vision to protect our Mother Earth from harmful chemicals and toxins. As a tribute to our Nature, our Mother Earth and our Mothers, this is our recommendation of how you can celebrate Mothers Day in a green and organic way. Not only on Mother’s Day, but these recipes are the perfect ideas for gifts for mothers on any other day. Also, you can get your batch of healthy organic spices, organic flours and A2 cow ghee from us. Happy Mothers Day!